2.25.2013

All About Jeff

So I am sitting here at work (it's a slow day) with two things on my mind. First, that I need to get back into blogging. This is my attempt at that. :) Second, that I feel an overwhelming appreciation for my husband today. Actually, I feel this appreciation regularly, but it is so strong today I feel like I might explode. Kind of like bearing a testimony in church (which I rarely do because it is embarrassing to cry sob). 

Fun side note -- I don't just cry when I bear my testimony. I mean some women get up there to speak and have beautifully flowing tears that they dab with a tissue, and they continue to speak with a powerful, relatively normal voice. This is not me. I am not a beautiful crier. I end up with puffy red eyes and smeared makeup and my voice is so shaky and choked up that I sound like a walrus instead of a person. *sigh*

Anyway, I have a list of reasons to share about why I love my husband, and he is going to be super embarrassed. :) But it will be a great reminder for me in the future and also a great way to document our relationship. 

  1. He cleans the toilet. Seriously, I rarely clean it because he does it every week. Not only that, but he is the official bathroom cleaner. I don't remember the last time I scrubbed the tub because he always does it. :)
  2. He does the dishes as often as I do. This is a big deal because we do not have a dishwasher, so we have to hand wash everything. It is the worst. Seriously. So I will frequently walk into the kitchen to see the pile of dishes previously in the sink waiting to be put away in the drying rack. It is beautiful. :) *I should note that he always leaves the "hard" stuff like pots and pans for me to do because he thinks it is disgusting. I don't mind, because I think his reaction is hilarious. 
  3. He slow dances with me in the living room every once in awhile. And I always cry. :)
  4. He always takes out the trash. This is especially fantastic in the winter when it is freezing outside and our landlord doesn't shovel the snow in the parking lot in front of the dumpster. His only requirement is that I put the new bag into the trash can. :)
  5. He likes to cuddle as much as I do. (Don't tell him I told you this one.) I love that we both need to cuddle every day because it makes me feel loved and safe.
  6. He picks up the slack if I am struggling, stressed, or busy. 
  7. HE DOES LAUNDRY. For the majority of our marriage we haven't had a washer/dryer in our apartment so we had to go to a laundromat to get it done. I must admit I was terrified he would destroy our clothes when he offered to do it, but everything turned out fine. :)
  8. He works incredibly hard to support us by working 20-30 hours a week and going to school to finish his bachelor's/master's degree.
  9. He cannot cook. Actually, I think I am under-emphasizing this. He cannot cook. The man was surviving on crackers and tuna fish before we got married. Although it can bother me sometimes, I  find it endearing and I feel incredibly needed by him. It is important for me to feel needed and appreciated. Fun story - Jeff told me that on his mission he would take the chicken directly out of the freezer and put it in the frying pan. He always wondered why it took forever to cook chicken. hahah
  10. He loves to surprise me with flowers.
  11. Probably most importantly, Jeff compliments and thanks me every day. Either by saying I am beautiful, complimenting my sandwich making skills, or being impressed that I made the bed. I always feel appreciated and I always feel beautiful. This is probably my favorite quality about him.

Plus he is pretty dang good-lookin!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/25/2013

    You are both very blessed! I appreciate the way he takes such good care of my girl and makes you feel loved. That is such a huge thing for me! I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out, for goodness sakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we are both very blessed. :) Love you, mom!

      Delete
  2. aw. loved this! You two are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Natalie! And congratulations on all of the fantastic things happening in your life right now, that is really exciting!

      Delete