4.14.2014

25 Years and Counting

Today my parent's are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary! I can't believe so much time has passed. As the oldest child, I have been around for the majority of these 25 years, and experienced with them many of their joys, sorrows, excitement, and worries. I remember all of the babies, the diaper changes, the ball practices, the choir concerts . . . and it has truly been a pleasure to be a part of this family. I don't know why I was blessed to be sent to such incredible parents, but I wouldn't want to be with anyone else!

As the time goes by, it is so fun to see the ways my siblings and I are similar to our parents. It is becoming easier to see the similarities!

I think I have a mix of both parents, but my dad may be more present. I have many genetic traits from my dad in appearance and health. I am also very opinionated like my dad. But that is a good thing, right? ;) I also inherited my mom's perfectionism. We like to have things done well. If they aren't done right, what is the sense of doing it in the first place?

Chelsea is almost an exact copy of my mom -- she has the sweetest heart and would do anything for those she loves. But don't think her kind heart makes her a pushover -- she is so stubborn that she will accomplish whatever she sets her mind to do, and she will do it perfectly. Or she will explode with frustration. ;)

Dallin looks like my mom and the Sandberg side of the family. He is tall, blonde, and tan -- the lucky devil. But his personality is more similar to my dad in some ways. He loves kids, and he really knows how to make them feel special. I think this is something he learned from my own dad.

Andrew is truly a child-version of my dad. They have the same eyes, smile, facial expressions, and personality. When Andrew speaks, he says things my dad would say, with the exact same inflections. It is incredible! His personality is the same, and he loves to be outside working in the garden and doing manly things.

Rylee is only nine, so it will be interesting to see what characteristics she develops from my parents. She is very similar to Chelsea in that she is very stubborn and will accomplish whatever she sets her heart to. She also has an intense love of learning, and loves to share her knowledge with everyone. We will see what happens with her!

We were able to celebrate their anniversary with my parents over this weekend with a family party and dinner together. We did all kinds of things that we did as I was growing up -- we played tennis; roasted s'mores; played games like Fruit Basket Turnover, Spoons, and Oh Shucks!; and shared photos and memories of the past 25 years. It was a great weekend! I felt like a kid again. :)

Here is a small photo tribute to the last 25 years. I can't wait for the future years to come!



Chelsea and Lindsey

 
 
Chelsea, Lindsey, and Dallin



 
 
 
Andrew and Dallin
 
 
Andrew and Rylee
Sweet Rylee girl!
 
Dallin and Rylee

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment